Dynamic Volume Resize in Windows without difficulty
Dynamic volume resize in Windows means that users could extend, shrink or move volume. To change volume size in Windows, users may think about using the built-in disk management of Windows. However, this small tool has limitations; for example, it can only extend simple volume and spanned volume which is not system volume. What’s more, it can’t shrink volume in some Windows editions, such as Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003.
In view of this, we’d like to recommend users our MiniTool Partition Wizard to resize dynamic volume in Windows without difficulty. MiniTool Partition Wizard is a professional partition manager. It can help users change volume size in any edition after Windows 2000 (including Windows 2000). It can resize not only simple volume and spanned volume, but also stripped volume, mirrored volume and raid-5 no matter it is system volume or not.
Simple Steps to Change Volume Size
1. Users can choose the volume that will be resized and click “Move/ Resize Volume” from the left action panel after running MiniTool Partition Wizard. Let’s take volume E: for example.
Note: MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition doesn’t support any operations in dynamic disk, so users could select advanced editions to move volume successfully.
2. Users can drag the right triangle towards the left (the left triangle towards the right) to shrink volume; they can drag it towards the right (the left triangle towards the left) to extend volume and they can also drag the whole volume handle leftwards or rightwards to move volume. Then, click “OK” to go back to the main interface.
Note: Users can see the option “Using Enhanced Data Protecting Mode” from the small interface is checked by default. Please keep it checked to protect data from losing.
3. Click “Apply” on the top left corner and choose “Yes” to perform the changes.
4. From the above image, users can see a “Notice” which reminds them that the operation “Move/ Resize Volume” can’t be completed because the volume is being used now. Just click “Restart Now” and MiniTool Partition Wizard will finish rest of the pending operations.
5. Now, users can see the change of the target volume after waiting patiently for restarting computer.
This is just a simple introduction to one of the functions of MiniTool Partition Wizard. In addition to resize dynamic volume in Windows, users can also get to know other functions of this convenient software. Here we’d like to advise users to enter the certain page to choose their preferred MiniTool Partition Wizard edition and users can click here to know more about this partition magic.