Why Users Need to Convert GPT to MBR in Windows 7
We all know that GPT disk has more advantages than MBR disk. For instance, the partition method of GPT disk is that it can set up different partitions according to different data types and at the same time create different permissions for different partitions; GPT disk supports at most 128 partitions while MBR disk only supports 4 primary partitions.
Although GPT disk has more advantages than MBR disk, users still need to achieve GPT to MBR conversion in some cases. For instance, if users are using an old operating system, obviously GPT disk isn’t suitable. Even though users use GPT disk in their old Windows edition, they can’t install operating system to it, because starting from GPT disk is forbidden in such system; even if users’ operating system, such as Window 7 can boot from GPT disk, they may also want to convert GPT to MBR in Windows 7 because of their habits.
At the present time, users may ask how to convert GPT to MBR in Windows 7 without losing data, because realizing GPT to MBR conversion with build-in small tool “Disk Management” will lead to data loss. Therefore, we’d like to suggest users that they use our MiniTool Partition Wizard to achieve disk conversion safely.
How to Convert GPT to MBR in Windows 7
1. Launch MiniTool Partition Wizard in Windows 7 and choose the disk which needs disk conversion. Disk 2 is exemplified in the above screenshot.
2. Users can realize GPT to MBR conversion in three ways. They can click “Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk” from the action panel; choose “Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk” from “Disk” menu and right click the target disk to choose “Convert GPT Disk to MBR Disk” option. Here we just use the first way to convert GPT to MBR in Windows 7.
3. Click “Apply” to execute all the pending changes when users see the preview effect come out.
4. Choose “Yes” and wait patiently for the pending changes to complete.
5. Click “OK” to get back to the main interface. And now users can easily see that disk 2 has achieved GPT to MBR conversion successfully.
This is the end of the introduction to converting GPT to MBR in Windows 7 with our MiniTool Partition Wizard. If users want to know more functions, please go to this place.